Business Analyst/Technical Writer
The primary responsibility of the analyst is to define clear, technically accurate requirements and specifications for new features and change requests for our point-of-sale and business management products. The analyst will work closely with the product owner, project managers, and our customers to gather business requirements and compose specifications and work tickets based on those requirements.
- Over 4 years experience as a technical writer
- Over 2 years experience as a Business analyst
- Experienced in agile software development methodologies, particularly in the creation of planning artifacts such as work tickets and user stories.
- Previous experience working as part of a software development team, ideally in both software development and product owner roles.
- Capable of managing a heavy workload in a fast paced environment.
- Highly organized with strong note-taking skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Proven ability to function as part of a team.
- Familiar with using project management tools like JIRA and Confluence.
- Organized, good time management skills, and attention to detail.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend meetings with project managers, product owners, and customers in order to gather business and technical requirements.
- Write technical specifications, user stories, and work tickets.
- Clearly communicate business and functional requirements to the rest of the team, including product owners, designers, and developers.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure that written tasks and specifications meet the needs of the business and technical needs of the software.
- Develop training materials, product manuals, and other user documentation.
- Create accurate release notes, gathering information both from work-items in completed sprints and by testing and documenting the actual behavior of the software.
- Track changes to the software and ensure that all user documentation remains up-to-date.